I understand that while I am a member of Alston School I must use technology in a responsible way.
For my own personal safety:
- I understand that my use of technology will be monitored.
- I will keep my password safe and will not use anyone else’s (even with their permission)
- I will keep my own personal information safe as well as that of others. (My name, family information, journey to school, my pets and hobbies are all examples of personal details)
- I will tell a trusted adult if anything makes me feel uncomfortable or upset when I see it online.
- I will only use email which has been provided by school
- I will always check with a responsible adult and my parents before I show photographs of myself
- I will never meet an online friend in person without taking a responsible adult that I know with me
For the safety of others:
- I will not interfere with the way that others use their technology.
- I will be polite and responsible when I communicate with others,
- I will not take or share images of anyone without their permission.
For the safety of the school:
- I will not try to access anything illegal.
- I will not download anything that I do not have the right to use.
- I will not deliberately bypass any systems designed to keep the school safe (such as filtering of the internet).
- I will tell a responsible person if I find any damage or faults with technology, however this may have happened.
- I will not attempt to install programmes on ICT devices belonging to the school unless I have permission.
- I will only use social networking, gaming and chat through the sites the school allows.
I know that once I post a message or an item on the internet then it is completely out of my control. I understand that I am responsible for my actions and the consequences. I have read and understood the above and agree to follow these guidelines: