At Alston we aim to:
1. Encourage an understanding of D&T in everyday life and develop the technological capacities of our children.
2. Recognise the importance of D & T as an integral part of the whole school curriculum for every child regardless of race, gender and ability.
3. Provide a structural approach to D & T which ensures progression and differentiation according to individual needs with a balance of open ended Design and Make activities, focused practical tasks and investigate activities.
4. Ensure that opportunities are provided for children to form and share views on technological issues, to express their ideas and thoughts in a positive manner knowing that they will be valued.
5. Ensure that there is always purpose and that technological processes lead to quality outcomes, a sense of achievement and satisfaction.
6. Instil positive health, safety and hygiene attitudes and satisfaction.
Children will be supported to