Growing and Relationships
Key Stages 1 and 2
During Key Stages 1 and 2, children gradually build on the skills, attitudes and values, knowledge and understanding they have started to acquire and develop during the Early Years/Foundation Stage. PSHE offers learning opportunities and experiences which reflect the increasing independence and physical and social awareness of learners as they move through KS1 and KS2. They learn skills to develop effective relationships, assume greater personal responsibility and keep themselves safe. PSHE assists pupils to cope with the changes at puberty, introduces them to a wider world and enables them to make an active contribution to their communities.
Core Theme 2: Growing and Relationships
Pupils will be taught:
1. How to develop and maintain a variety of healthy relationships, within a range of social/cultural contexts.
2. How to recognise and manage emotions within a range of relationships.
3. How to recognise risky or negative relationships including all forms of bullying and abuse.
4. How to respond to risky or negative relationships and ask for help.
5. How to respect equality and diversity in relationships.