Health and Well-being
Key Stages 1 and 2
During Key Stages 1 and 2, children gradually build on the skills, attitudes and values, knowledge and understanding they have started to acquire and develop during the Early Years/Foundation Stage. PSHE offers learning opportunities and experiences which reflect the increasing independence and physical and social awareness of learners as they move through KS1 and KS2. They learn skills to develop effective relationships, assume greater personal responsibility and keep themselves safe. PSHE assists pupils to cope with the changes at puberty, introduces them to a wider world and enables them to make an active contribution to their communities.
Core Theme 1: Health and wellbeing
Pupils will be taught:
1. What is meant by a healthy lifestyle?
2. How to maintain physical, mental and emotional health and wellbeing.
3. How to manage risks to physical and emotional health and wellbeing.
4. Ways of keeping physically and emotionally safe.
5. about managing change, including puberty, transition and loss.
6. How to make informed choices about health and wellbeing and to recognise sources of help with this.
7. How to respond in an emergency.
8. To identify different influences on health and wellbeing.